Rubber Bark® is a an ideal playgorund surfacing product because it is safer, economical and superior alternative to traditional wood mulch with many beneficial features:
- Rubber Bark® costs less over time for labor and material. It does not break down and can be refreshed about every 8 to 10 years versus wood products, which require freshening once or twice a year.
- Rubber Bark® is a healthy environment for plantings: It inhibits mold and fungus growth, is excellent for drainage and does not compress or flatten out, so water continues to get to plants while controling weed growth and not attract nesting insects.
- Rubber Bark® stays in place: It is significantly heavier than wood, so it does not blow or wash away in heavy rain. Your landscape continues to look good over time!
- Rubber Bark® is Safe (non-toxic): It is softer than wood and is ADA compliant.
- Rubber Bark® Beautifies: It can be colored to resemble wood, or to a custom color. Estimated 7-10 years to full color fade.
- Rubber Bark® is environmentally responsible: It is made of 100% recycled tires and its use conserves natural resources.